Skip to main content

Mercy Hospital and School for Nurses of Philadelphia charter

 Item
Identifier: MSS 6/002
Charter listing purpose and objects of Mercy Hospital and School for Nurses of Philadelphia and names and function of corporators and directors. Seals detached.

Manuscript copy available at City of Philadelphia Department of Records.

Dates

  • 1906

Creator

Extent

1 item

Biographical / Historical

Mercy Hospital and School for Nurses of Philadelphia founded in 1906 to meet increased demand for black health care in Philadelphia. Hospital opened in 1907 at 17th and Fitzwater Streets and moved to 50th and Woodlawn Avenue in 1919. Hospital merged with Frederick Douglass Memorial Hospital and Training School in 1948 to form Mercy-Douglass Hospital. Hospital closed in 1973.

Physical Location

Flat file no. 1, drawer 1

Contents: 1 charter
Title
Mercy Hospital and School for Nurses of Philadelphia charter

Repository Details

Part of the Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Repository

Contact:
19 S. 22nd Street
Philadelphia PA 19103 United States
215-399-2001