Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

George Bacon Wood papers

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 2/039-04
Overview The George Bacon Wood Papers collection documents George Bacon Wood’s professional and personal life from 1813 to 1870. Dr. George Bacon Wood was an accomplished physician and author, and also lectured at several medical institutions in the Philadelphia region. Materials located in the collection include correspondence, manuscript drafts, lecture notes, financial material, and some graphic material. The collection contains six series arranged by their relative size: “Correspondence,”...

Lewis Condict letter to Franklin Bache

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 2/188
Scope and Contents Condict discusses plans for 1840 National Medical Convention to revise U.S. Pharmacopoeia and encourages participation of apothecaries and pharmaceutical organizations.

Records of the National Convention for Revising the Pharmacopoeia

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 3/001
Scope and Contents The records of the National Convention for Revising the Pharmacopoeia cover the fourth meeting (1850) and the fifth meeting (1860).The records of the fourth meeting documents the labors and progress of the Committee of Revision and Publication from 1850 to 1855. Included are the committee's minute books; records of the distribution of the Pharmacopoeia; a draft report on the committee's work sent by George Bacon Wood to Harvey Lindsly, the secretary of the National Convention,...

William L. Challiss lecture and matriculation tickets

 Collection
Identifier: MSS 2/159
Scope and Contents This small collection documents the medical education of William L. Challiss at Jefferson Medical College, 1847-1848. The collection contains one matriculation card for the 18481849 academic session and admission cards to the lectures of Franklin Bache, Robley Dunglison, Robert M. Huston, Charles D. Meigs, John K. Mitchell, Thomas D. Mutter, and Joseph Pancoast. There is also one card admitting Challiss to lectures at the Philadelphia School of Anatomy in 1847.