Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: MSS 2/005
Scope and Contents The Eaton Papers consist of correspondence, handwritten notes, reports, and newspaper and periodical articles concerning Eaton's life, career, and professional concerns. The bulk of the collection is comprised of records from Eaton's tenure as Chairman of the Philadelphia County Medical Society(PCMS) Committee on Archives. These records include reports of the committee; correspondence files with physicians and their descendants concerning biographical information; Eaton's biographical...
Identifier: MSS 2/344
Overview Edward Bell Krumbhaar (1882-1966) was a distinguished pathologist and cardiac physician, as well as one of Philadelphia’s leading historians of medicine. A founder of both the Section on Medical History of the College of Physicians and the American Association of the History of Medicine (AAHM), Krumbhaar also served as president of the College and of the AAHM. The E.B. Krumbhaar papers covers Krumbhaar’s accomplishments and contributions to pathology and cardiac physiology from the early to...
Identifier: MSS 2/251
Overview Ernest A. Spiegel, M.D., was an Austrian-born internationally recognized neurologist. He emigrated to the United States in 1930, where he spent much of his career at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. He finished his career at the National Parkinson FOundation in Miami. Spiegel is well-known for his work in developing the stereotactic technique. He passed away in 1985. The papers of Ernest Spiegel reflect his varied interests in neurological research and publication from his...
Identifier: MSS 2/184
Scope and Contents This collection contains professional, personal, and subject correspondence; financial and property papers; course material; discussions, book and article reviews, and miscellaneous writings; and extensive case records with indexes, documenting the life, interests, and neurosurgical career of Francis Clark Grant. Although the correspondence is incomplete (primarily 1923 to 1933), the discussions and reviews extend to 1949, and the case records span Grant's entire career, 1921-1957....
Identifier: MSS 6/001
Identifier: MSS 2/336
Scope and Contents The collection contains correspondencem typescripts, ephemera, photogrphs and slides, memoranda, and records of operations. It documents the career of Murtagh and many of the operations and procedures within the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP), the hospital at Temple University, and the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Mostly, the collection concerns Murtagh's work as a neurosurgeon at HUP. The history of procedures he performed is well covered as are his...
Identifier: MSS 3/009
Scope and Contents Articles of incorporation of Pathological Society of Philadelphia, circa 1842, describing offices and function, with list of members, many of whom have signed their own names.
Identifier: MSS 2/215
Scope and Contents This small collection of Roland G. Curtin's papers, 18791912, contains holographs and typescripts of articles and speeches with bibliographies of Curtin's works. Some items in the collection include related letters or notes describing cases and reference material.Several of the speeches and articles concern heart disease and its treatments. Other noteworthy items are a speech on medical symbolism; obituaries of James B. Walker and DejForest Willard; and Curtin's description...
Identifier: MSS 2/006
Scope and Contents This collection of S. D. Risley's professional papers, 18811913, consist of ophthalmological case records, 1886-1908, many from the Philadelphia Polyclinic and College for Graduates in Medicine; a surgeon's report of Wills Eye Hospital, 1901; manuscript and typescript versions of articles concerning ophthalmology, cataract and other eye diseases, and surgical instruments and treatments, 1881-1913; correspondence, reports, and related materials concerning eye examinations for school...
- Subject: Articles X
- American Association for the History of Medicine 1
- Anton, Aaron H. 1
- Blackwood, William Douglas Robert 1
- Blum, B. (Baruch) 1
- Carson, Joseph 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 1
- Curtin, Roland G. (Roland Gideon) 1
- Eaton, Albert M. (Albert Morris) 1
- Frederick Douglass Memorial Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Gibbons, Henry 1
- Grant, Francis C. (Francis Clark) 1
- Hamilton, George 1
- International Society for Research in Stereoencephalotomy 1
- Krumbhaar, E. B. (Edward Bell) 1
- Lajus, Daniel Paul 1
- Lee, Benjamin 1
- Medizinische Universität Wien 1
- Murtagh, Frederick 1
- National Parkinson Foundation (US) 1
- Pathological Society of Philadelphia 1
- Pennsylvania Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa) 1
- Philadelphia County Medical Society 1
- Philadelphia General Hospital 1
- Remington, Isaac 1
- Risley, S. D. (Samuel Doty) 1
- Sargent, Winthrop, Jr. 1
- Smith, Albert H. (Albert Holmes) 1
- Spiegel, Elise Fuchs 1
- Spiegel, Ernest A. (Ernest Adolf) 1
- Spiegel, Ignaz 1
- Spiegel-Adolf, Mona 1
- Temple University. School of Medicine 1
- United States. Army. Medical Officers 1
- University of Pennsylvania 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Department of Medicine 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital. Department of Neurology 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital. Neurological Center 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital. Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit 1
- Walker, James B. (James Baynes) 1
- Wycis, H. T. (Henry T.) 1 ∧ less