Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Identifier: MSS 2/095
Scope and Contents Two volumes documenting B. H. Coates’ financial situation and medical practice in Philadelphia, 18421853. Cash book contains a chronological account of Coates’ expenses and receipts, 19 July 18456 June 1853; several accounts carried over from the ledger of practice. Ledger of practice, 18421846, organized alphabetically by name of patient or account, includes notes on procedures performed, identification and address of patients, and settlement of accounts. Ledger includes a copy of Coates’...
Identifier: MSS 2/033
Scope and Contents The Charles H. Frazier Papers are divided into three series: a general file, 1901-1941; medical manuscripts, papers, and reprints, 1914-1942; and a medical case file [patient records], 1900-1945. Series 1 contains biographical and bibliographical data of Charles H. Frazier; his correspondence; instructional notes and other documents related to his teaching of medicine; records of the various activities, medical as well as social, in which he was engaged; and personal and miscellaneous...
Identifier: MSS 2/085
Scope and Contents This small collection of Daniel J. Swinney's student lecture notes and related papers, recipe book, daybook, and vaccination records, 1808-1827, documents the education and early medical career of an obscure country physician during the early 19th century.The collection is divided into two series. Series 1 concerns Swinney's medical education at the University of Pennsylvania, 1808-1809, and includes a receipt for his 1808-1809 session fee; an 1809 copy of Benjamin Rush's...
Identifier: MSS 2/251
Overview Ernest A. Spiegel, M.D., was an Austrian-born internationally recognized neurologist. He emigrated to the United States in 1930, where he spent much of his career at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. He finished his career at the National Parkinson FOundation in Miami. Spiegel is well-known for his work in developing the stereotactic technique. He passed away in 1985. The papers of Ernest Spiegel reflect his varied interests in neurological research and publication from his...
Identifier: 10a 468
Scope and Contents One volume of 150 prescriptions dated 2 Sept. 1887 to 18 Dec. 1898. Each entry lists patient name, prescription, and date. Some entries also contain patient address and indications. Several leaves are missing for Jan. through late March 1892.
Identifier: 10b 57
Scope and Contents Five volumes of collected notebooks (35 p. each), filled in by hand and dated 1876-1880. Bound in are details of cases, patients’ and physicians’ letters, prescriptions, etc. Each printed notebook is designed specifically for Hodge’s patients having ovarian tumors or abdominal enlargements, bears the imprint Philadelphia: Lindsay & Blakiston, 1875, and includes detailed sections for notes on the patient’s general condition, history, examination, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, progress,...
Identifier: MSS 2/030
Scope and Contents This extensive collection of Henry Hartshorne's papers documents his professional life and activities, concentrating on texts of his lecture courses to students and manuscripts of his published and unpublished writings.Series 1 consists of sketchy records of Hartshorne's private medical practice which began in 1848. The series contains a journal with a chronological account of his patients from the opening of the office until 20 October 1848. The journal includes financial...
Identifier: 10a Howe
Scope and Contents The Herbert M. Howe papers consist of nine volumes of lecture notes, each accessioned separately. For more details on the contents of the volumes, please see the "Scope and Contents" note for each volume.
Identifier: MSS 2/282
Scope and Contents The collection contains three ledgers, 1888-1902, documenting the Hanover County medical practice of Hermann B. Anderson. The ledgers list patients, reason for visit, and settlement of account. An index to account names is included in each volume. Two of the ledgers contain farm accounts for the years 1889-1890 and 1897-1901, and one contains a separate section for "Negro accounts", 1895.
Identifier: MSS 2/052
Scope and Contents This small collection of Howard Mellor's ophthalmological patient records, 1894-1906, gives a detailed understanding not only of his private practice in Philadelphia but also of ophthalmological practices, procedures, and prescriptions current at this time. The two volumes of patient records are arranged by number (assigned chronologically as admitted) and include each patient's name, age, address, ailment or complaint, and Mellor's detailed notes on the progress of the case....
- Subject: Patient records X
- University of Pennsylvania 2
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital 2
- Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania 2
- Academy of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the City of Philadelphia 1
- Anderson, Hermann B. 1856-1924 (Hermann Boerhaave) 1
- Anton, Aaron H. 1
- Blum, B. (Baruch) 1
- Carson, Joseph 1
- Carter, John T. (John Thomas) 1
- Chambers, George Hamilton 1
- Coates, Benjamin Hornor 1
- Fall River Hospital. Woman's Board. Executive Committee 1
- Female High School (Easton, Pa.) 1
- Frazier, Charles H. (Charles Harrison) 1
- Green, Traill 1
- Hartshorne, Henry 1
- Haverford College 1
- Hodge, H. Lenox (Hugh Lenox) 1
- Howe, Herbert Marshall 1
- Hyde, John A. (John Angier) 1
- International Society for Research in Stereoencephalotomy 1
- Leidy, Joseph 1
- Medizinische Universität Wien 1
- Mellor, Howard 1
- Mial, L. L. 1
- National Parkinson Foundation (US) 1
- Neilson, Thomas R. (Thomas Rundle) 1
- Osler, William, Sir 1
- Parsons, Israel 1
- Penrose, R.A.F. (Richard Alexander Fullerton) 1
- Pepper, William 1
- Philadelphia Council. Water Committee 1
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Hospital and Infirmary for Nervous Diseases 1
- Public Charities Association of Pennsylvania 1
- Risley, S. D. (Samuel Doty) 1
- Rush, Benjamin 1
- Smith, Albert H. (Albert Holmes) 1
- Smith, Francis Gurney 1
- Smith, Henry H. (Henry Hollingsworth) 1
- Spiegel, Elise Fuchs 1
- Spiegel, Ernest A. (Ernest Adolf) 1
- Spiegel, Ignaz 1
- Spiegel-Adolf, Mona 1
- Sturgis, Margaret Castex 1
- Swinney, Daniel J. 1
- Synnott, Myles 1
- Temple University. School of Medicine 1
- Tyson, James 1
- U.S.A. General Hospital. 2nd Ward (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- United States. Marine Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Auxiliary Faculty of Medicine 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Department of Medicine 1
- Wycis, H. T. (Henry T.) 1 ∧ less