Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Identifier: 10a 136
Scope and Contents Two volumes of an incomplete set of notes on lectures delivered by Benjamin Rush at the University of Pennsylvania from 1804 to 1805. Vol. 1 (p. 1-43) contains brief notes on his section on physiology including the pulse and the mind. Vol. 2 (p. 132-260) contains notes on his sections on therapeutics and the practice of medicine.
Identifier: MSS 2/246
Scope and Contents B. L. Bird’s notes on lectures at University of Maryland School of Medicine, 1835-1836. Lecturers are: Robley Dunglison on therapeutics; Eli Geddings on physiology; Nathaniel Potter on practice of medicine; and N. R. Smith on surgery, particularly gunshot wounds. Includes recipes.
Identifier: 10a Rush
Scope and Contents The Benjamin Rush lectures are consist of three collections, with six volumes of lectures and lecture notes. For a more detailed description of the materials included, please see the "Scope and Contents" note for each item.
Identifier: MSS 2/181
Scope and Contents Student notes taken by C. C. Vedder on lectures at Albany Medical College, 181. Lecturers are: James H. Armsby on surgery John M. Bigelow on materia medica H. R. Haskins on anatomy John . Lansing on physiology James McNaughton on the theory and practice of medicine Maurice Perkins on chemistry William P. Seymour on obstetrics and Albert Vanderveer on microscopical anatomy. Notes on clinical cases included.
Identifier: 10a Cheston
Scope and Contents This collection consists of three volumes of lecture notes. For a more detailed description of the materials included, please the "Scope and Content" note for each item.
Identifier: MSS 2/223-03
Scope and Contents Volume of student notes, 1863-1864, taken by E. A. Santee at Jefferson Medical College on, primarily, lectures of Samuel Henry Dickson on practice of medicine; Robley Dunglison on physiology; Samuel D. Gross on surgery and gunshot wounds; and Ellerslie Wallace on obstetrics. Includes notes on medical and surgical clinics of D. Hayes Agnew and J. L. Ludlow at Philadelphia General Hospital.
Identifier: MSS 2/154
Scope and Contents Volume of student notes taken by Edgar S. Buyers on physiology lectures, probably of Edward Tyson Reichert, at the University of Pennsylvania, 1898-1899.
Identifier: 10a 106
Scope and Contents Volume 2 (97 leaves) of a set of lecture notes from Benjamin Rush’s lectures delivered at the University of Pennsylvania. Includes conclusion of lectures on physiology (digestion, nutrition and reproduction), pathology (causes of disease), and therapeutics.
Identifier: Z10 217
Scope and Contents One volume (unbound) of notes on physiology lectures delivered by Edward T. Reichert. Lectures are dated from 2 October 1911 to 26 January 1912.
Identifier: 10a Henry
Scope and Contents The Frederick P. Henry papers consist of five collections, including five volumes of lecture notes and 1 envelope of medical and autobiographical notes. For a more detailed description of the materials included, please see the "Scope and Contents" note for each item.
- Subject: Physiology X
- University of Pennsylvania 6
- Rush, Benjamin 5
- Chapman, Nathaniel 2
- Jefferson Medical College 2
- Reichert, E. T. 2
- Smith, Francis Gurney 2
- Albany Medical College 1
- Archer, Benjamin 1
- Armsby, James H. (James Harvey) 1
- Bigelow, John M. (John Milton) 1
- Bird, B. L. (Benjamin L.) 1
- Buyers, Edgar S. (Edgar Stanley) 1
- Cabell, J. L. (James Lawrence) 1
- Central High School (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Cheston, Daniel Murray 1
- College of Physicians and Surgeons in the City of New York 1
- Darlington, William 1
- Dunglison, Robley 1
- Flint, Austin 1
- Forrester, Peter 1
- Geddings, Eli 1
- Griffiths, Elijah 1
- Hartshorne, Henry 1
- Haskins, H. R. (Henry R.) 1
- Haverford College 1
- Henry, Frederick P. (Frederick Porteous) 1
- Horner, William E. (William Edmonds) 1
- Lansing, John V. 1
- Long Island College Hospital 1
- Magendie, François 1
- McMurtie, Henry 1
- McNaughton, James 1
- Mitchell, John Kearsley 1
- Murdoch, Russell 1
- Pepper, William 1
- Perkins, Maurice 1
- Philadelphia Council. Water Committee 1
- Philadelphia General Hospital 1
- Physick, Philip Syng 1
- Potter, Nathaniel 1
- Santee, E. A. (Ephraim A.) 1
- Seymour, William P. (William Pierce) 1
- Smith, N. R. (Nathan Ryno) 1
- Stirling, W. R. (William R.) 1
- Summerville, John Freeman 1
- U.S.A. General Hospital. 2nd Ward (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- University of Maryland (1812-1920). School of Medicine and College of Physicians and Surgeons 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Auxiliary Faculty of Medicine 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Department of Medicine 1
- University of Virginia. School of Medicine 1
- Vander Veer, Albert 1
- Vedder, C. C. (Christian C.) 1
- Wiley, John 1
- Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania 1
- Wood, Emlen 1
- Worthington, Wilmer 1 ∧ less