Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: CPP 10/028
Overview The Committee on Scientific Business was created by an amendment to the ordinances and by-laws adopted in October 1907. The original committee members were appointed in November 1907. It seems the purpose of the committee was to schedule presentations by Fellows during College meetings. It is unclear when the Committee was disbanded, but it is no longer active (2018).The Records of the Committee span the years 1910 to 1940, and then from 1972 to 1978, and are comprised mainly of...
Identifier: CPP 10/034
Overview In 1917, Clement B. Newbold founded the Mary Scott Newbold lectureship fund in memory of his wife. Newbold was a member of W. H. Newbold’s Son and Co. banking firm, and had donated to the College in the past. The Mary Scott Newbold lectureship was to “enable [the College] to obtain distinguished lecturers to address the College on subjects related to medicine or the allied sciences.”As of 2003, the College was still hosting an annual Mary Scott Newbold lecture.The...
Identifier: CPP 9/001-01
Overview The Office of the Executive Director is the lead office in charge of administering the business of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The Executive Director oversees the activities of the College of Physicians staff including staff of the Historical Medical Library, the Mütter Museum, the Francis Clark Wood Institute, and the Finance Department. The Executive Director also oversees the College functions of institutional advancement, communications, membership, and special events. As a...
Identifier: MSS 379
Overview The Hemlock Society of Delaware Valley was a chapter of the national right-to-die organization The Hemlock Society. The mission of the Hemlock Society was “choice, dignity, and control at the end of life.” The bulk of materials are society newsletters and news clippings about assisted suicide. This collection is separated into three series. The Chapter Papers series comprises miscellaneous papers associated with chapters of The Hemlock Society. Of note are papers detailing the merger of two...
Identifier: CPP 7/004-01
Overview The Mütter Museum was founded in 1856 when Dr. Thomas Dent Mütter bequeathed his personal medical museum to the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. From Thomas Mütter’s collection, the museum grew as a noted repository for unique collections of medical specimens across the world. The Mütter Museum records document the history of this noted institution from 1887 until 2006. Included in the collection are catalogs of item acquisitions, visitor records, event records, and the papers of several...
Identifier: CPP 8/001
Overview In 2010, the Office of Operations was organized to oversee hospitality, front of house and receptionist, visitor services, hall and grounds, renovations, security, and the parking lot. Previously, at least as far back as 1991, the management of facilities and special events fell under the responsibilities of the Office of Institutional Advancement (as of 2015, merged with Office of Development and External Affairs and Office of Communications into the Office of Advancement).The...
- Subject: Special events X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 2
- Mütter Museum 2
- Chaveas, William F. (William Francis) 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Scientific Business 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Mary Scott Newbold lecture 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Library 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of Operations 1
- Cox, Donald W. (Donald William) 1
- Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine 1
- Hemlock Society (Delaware Valley) 1
- Micozzi, Marc S. 1
- Mid-Eastern Regional Medical Library Service 1
- Moyer, Elizabeth 1
- Mütter, Thomas D. (Thomas Dent) 1
- O'Donnell, John M. 1
- Wade, Ella N. (Ella Nora) 1
- Worden, Gretchen 1 ∧ less