Abraham E. Rakoff slide collection (unprocessed)
Scope and Contents note
This is a collection of approximately 2500 lantern slides collected by Abraham E. Rakoff related to cytology and endocrinology. The slides are of illustrations and text and are arranged by topic.
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
Abraham E. Rakoff (1913-1981) was a nationally known fertility specialist. Rakoff graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a bacholor's degree in 1933, and received his M.D. degree from Jefferson Medical College in 1937. Rakoff was appointed to the faculty in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Jefferson in 1938. In 1960. he was Appointed Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Endocrinology) and given a secondary appointment as Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology) in 1965. Rakoff was the first head of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology when this division was created in 1971. He was a Fellow of the College of Physicians.
26.0 linear feet
Language of Materials
- Abraham E. Rakoff slide collection undated CoPSp.ACC2303
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- This collection-level EAD record is a product of the Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries (PACSCL) Consortial Survey Initiative, which was funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.