W.B. McDaniel slide collection (unprocessed)
Scope and Contents note
This is collection of 33 black and white glass lantern slides. The collection contains anatomical illustrations, including skeletons, viscera, nervous and circulatory systems. There are also illustrations of dissections scenes, apothecary shops, and other topics related to the early practice of medicine, including illustrations by da Vinci and Vesalius.
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
W. B. McDaniel II (1897-1975) was the Curator of the Library Historical Collections at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
..5 linear feet
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids note
An inventory is available in the repository.
- W.B. McDaniel slide collection undated CoPSp.ACC2306
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- This collection-level EAD record is a product of the Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries (PACSCL) Consortial Survey Initiative, which was funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.