Skip to main content

Library exhibition labels

 Collection
Identifier: CPP 13/009-01

Overview

Established in 1788, the Library of the College of Physicians served as Philadelphia's central medical library for over 150 years, serving medical schools, hospitals, physicians and other health professionals. Today, it is an independent research library devoted to the history of medicine and serves hundreds of scholars, health professionals, students and popular writers each year. This collection, Library exhibtion labels, dates from the 1960s through 1997, although the bulk of the material is from 1973 through 1975. It contains labels, and a few typescript booklets, for exhibits curated by Library staff. All folder titles came from the envelopes in which the labels were originally stored.

Dates

  • circa 1960s - 1997
  • Majority of material found within 1973 - 1975

Creator

Extent

2.2 Linear feet (4 document boxes, 1 half-document box, and 1 oversize folder)

Language of Materials

English

Separated Materials

Located in Flat file A, drawer 4
Title
Library exhibition labels
Author
Chrissie Perella
Date
July 2019
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Repository

Contact:
19 S. 22nd Street
Philadelphia PA 19103 United States
215-399-2001