Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 25
Annual reports of the Section on Public Health, Preventive, and Industrial Medicine of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Identifier: CPP 12/002-01
Scope and Contents Collection contains annual reports filed with the College of Physicians of Philadelphia by the clerks of its Section on Public Health, Preventive and Industrial Medicine, 1920-1928. The reports list the programs and presentations of each year as well as the total membership of the Section and average attendance at each meeting. Most of the reports were filed by Alexander Heron Davisson.
Identifier: CPP 5/002-01
Scope and Contents This collection of annual reports of the Treasurer of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia spans 1841 to 1937. In addition to the annual reports, the collection contains correspondence, a list of the treasurers of the College from 1786 to 1937, and a 1909 calendar of College events. Included in the collection are the reports of treasurers J. Rodman Paul (1839-1877), Charles Stewart Wurts (1877-1893), H. M. Fisher (1894-1898), Richard H. Harte (1899-1912), John B. Roberts (1913-1917), and...
Identifier: CPP 7/002-07
Scope and Contents This collection of correspondence with related reports and committee minutes of the curators and custodians of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia's Mutter Museum and College Collections, 1828-1981, documents the acquisition of specimens, instruments, portraits, and medals, as well as the use and development of the collections.Series 1 contains records of the museum curators, including a disbound letterbook, 1849-1894, and letters, 1828-1939, concerning the acquisition,...
Identifier: MSS 2/228-01
Scope and Contents This collection is the larger of two collections of Francis C. Wood's papers, the other being MSS 2/0228-02. This extensive collection (1892-1989) chronicles the life and career of a 20th century physician, scientist, soldier, administrator, and teacher. The collection is divided roughly evenly among the different phases of his life and career. Because Dr. Wood was a leader in both his community and profession, the collection documents the activities and functioning of many institutions and...
Identifier: MSS 2/355
Overview Katharine Rosenbaum Guest Boucot Sturgis was born in Philadelphia, PA in 1903. She received her undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University and entered the Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1935. She was forced to leave school when she contracted tuberculosis, but later resumed her studies and earned her medical degree in 1940. Sturgis became a Fellow of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia in 1951 and was elected its first female president in 1972. The Katharine R....
Identifier: CPP 10/007-03
Scope and Contents Letterbooks of John H. Brinton as chairman of Committee on Mütter Museum of College of Physicians of Philadelphia with related material concerning museum and Mütter Trust and Lectureship, 1858-1939. Bulk composed of two numerically-arranged letterbooks, 1895-1904 and 1905-1907, containing letters received, drafts and copies of outgoing letters, and annual and financial reports. Correspondence concerns acquisition and preservation of pathological specimens, surgical instruments, and portraits;...
Identifier: MSS 6/006
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two accessions. It is not fully processed.The records of the Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia, spanning 1911 to 1960, consist of minutes and committee reports; correspondence of Philip Dechert, President of the Babies' Hospital; a history of the Babies' Hospital with a typescript staff manual; and printed annual reports. The collection documents the history of the hospital from its inception in 1911 to its dissolution in 1948, and provides detailed...
Identifier: MSS 372
Overview The Records of the Board of Scientific Directors of the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research contains meeting minutes and reports for the Board of Scientific Directors. The Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research was founded in 1901 by John D. Rockefeller and eventually became Rockefeller University. Scientific reports and minutes of the meeting of the Board of Scientific Directors, 1931, comprise this collection. This material was formerly cataloged in printed collection with call...
Identifier: CPP 10/007-02
Overview The Committee on the Mütter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia was charged with the general supervision of the anatomical and pathological museum established by the articles of agreement made between the College and Thomas D. Mütter in 1858-1859. The chairman of the committee was to report annually on the condition of the museum and semi-annually on its financial situation. The collection contains the correspondence and financial files of chairmen of the Committee of the Mütter...
Identifier: MSS 6/014-01
Overview Established in 1855, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia was the first hospital in the United States to care exclusively for children, and was key in establishing the foundations of modern day pediatric medicine. Medical staff members at CHOP have been at the forefront of innovation for decades, and their work has had impacts which can be seen to this day, in the form of the Isolette Incubator, the Measles vaccine, and its participation in The Human Genome Project. The Children's Hospital...
- Subject: Annual reports X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Mütter Museum 5
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 4
- Bonnem, Shirley 2
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 2
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Medical History 2
- Gefter, William I. (William Irvin) 2
- Muller, George P. (George Paul) 2
- Albert Einstein Medical Center 1
- Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia 1
- Batson, Oscar V. (Oscar Vivian) 1
- Behrend, Bernard 1
- Bongiovanni, Alfred M. 1
- Bradley, Robert H. 1
- Brinton, John H. (John Hill) 1
- Brown, Clark E. (Clark Edward) 1
- Castle, Franklin D. (Franklin Dick) 1
- Chapple, Charles C. 1
- Children's Seashore House 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Scientific Business 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Directory for Nurses 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Curator 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Treasurer 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Dermatology 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Otolaryngology 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Public Health and Preventive Medicine 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Public Health, Preventive, and Industrial Medicine 1
- Crane, A. Reynolds (August Reynolds) 1
- Cuddy, Clare 1
- Custer, R. Philip (Richard Philip) 1
- Dechert, Philip 1
- Fanelli, Dorris 1
- Fife-Hamill Memorial Health Center for Southeast Philadelphia 1
- Greater Philadelphia Committee for Medical-Pharmaceutical Sciences 1
- Henle, Gertrude 1
- Henle, Werner 1
- Jenks, William F. (William Furness) 1
- Koop, C. Everett (Charles Everett) 1
- Museum Council of Philadelphia 1
- Mütter Museum 1
- Padis, Nicholas 1
- Pennsylvania Medical Society 1
- Philadelphia County Medical Society 1
- Philadelphia Genito Urinary Society 1
- Pressman, Robert S. (Robert Sydney) 1
- Radbill, Samuel X. 1
- Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research. Board of Scientific Directors 1
- Rogers, Fred B. 1
- Schaeffer, J. Parsons (Jacob Parsons) 1
- Scheffey, Lewis C. (Lewis Cass) 1
- Sturgis, Katharine R. (Katharine Rosenbaum) 1
- Sturgis, Samuel Booth 1
- The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Collections 1
- United States. Army. 20th General Hospital 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 1
- Wood, Francis C. (Francis Clark) 1
- Worden, Gretchen 1 ∧ less