Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: MSS 6/005-04
Overview In September 1883, the Board of Guardians of Philadelphia General Hospital decided to establish a training school for nurses. At first, the program could be completed in one year; eventually, the program was expanded to include three years of course work. By 1931, the school had certified almost 2,000 nurses. This collection of duty registers of the Training School for Nurses of the Philadelphia General Hospital consists of fifteen bound volumes dating from 1885 to 1911. The volumes contain...