Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Records of the Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia II
Identifier: MSS 6/006-02
Overview The Babies’ Hospital of Philadelphia opened in 1911 in Wynnefield, PA, at the Country Branch of Children’s Hospital. The hospital had limited wards to house its patients and the staff hosted pre-and post-natal clinics for mothers, though the physicians of the Babies Hospital largely emphasized treatment in the home.The records of the Babies’ Hospital of Philadelphia, spanning from 1911-1960, contain annual reports, newsletter pamphlets, benefit matinee programs, material related to...
Dates: 1911-1960, undated
Records of the Child Psychiatry Clinic at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
Identifier: MSS 401
Scope and Contents note This is a collection of records of the St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Child Psychiatry Clinic, 1956 to 1988. Materials include: statement of purposes for the clinic; memoranda on policies; information on staff members; reports of activities to the Orthopedic Foundation; brochures for the clinic; invitations and programs; reprints and copies of articles; and photographs of staff. The collection also includes a small amount of historical information on St. Christopher's and...
Records of the Children's Seashore House
Identifier: MSS 6/014-02
Overview The Children's Seashore House (CSH) was established Atlantic City, New Jersey in 1872 as a rehabilitation center for children. Founded on the belief in the restorative powers of the ocean and fresh seashore air, CSH was the first pediatric rehabilitation hospital in the nation, and the fourth oldest pediatric hospital in the United States. Today, CSH is located in Philadelphia, on the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia’s (CHOP) campus, after having been acquired by CHOP in 1998. Remarkable...
Dates: 1872 - 1998; Majority of material found within 1965 - 1995
- Subject: Children -- Hospitals X