Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 30
Identifier: CPP 2/001-01
Scope and Contents This collection of Lewis Cass Scheffey's papers, spanning 1918 to 1966, documents his involvement in various offices, committees, and sections of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The bulk of the papers date from 1955 to 1958, the years in which Scheffey was President of the College. Also included in the collection is material relating to his participation in nu•erous local and national organizations.Series 1 includes material relating to Scheffey's activities as president,...
Dates: 1918 - 1966; Majority of material found within 1955 - 1958
Identifier: CPP 13/002-03
Scope and Contents This collection of records concerning the Medical Library Association is part of the records of the Office of the Librarian of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The collection, which spans 1936 to 1966, consists mainly of records from W. B. McDaniel's terms as editor of the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association and as president of the MLA.Series I contains correspondence from McDaniel's time as editor of the Bulletin and from his time as president of the MLA. The...
Identifier: CPP 13/002-04
Scope and Contents This collection of records concerning the Medical Library Association is part of the records of the Office of the Librarian of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The collection, which spans 1951 to 1980, consists ofrecords from Elliott Morse's activities in committees and as president of the MLA and from the meetings and activities of the Philadelphia Regional Group of the MLA.I. Subject Files (1967-1974) Over half of the collection consists of Morse's MLA files, which he...
Identifier: CPP 13/005-01
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the records of Elliott H. Morse, Librarian of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia from 1954 to 1981, concerning the S. Weir Mitchell Associates. The collection, spanning 1959 to 1988, includes correspondence with S. Weir Mitchell Associates, business correspondence, minutes of the S. Weir Mitchell Associates Committee, financial records, materials pertaining to annual meeting banquets and recruiting dinners, George I. Blumstein papers, and miscellaneous...
Dates: 1959-1988; Majority of material found in 1960-1970
Identifier: CPP 10/030
Overview The College of Physicians was founded in 1787 as a private medical society devoted to the advancement of medical education, research, and guidance of the medical profession itself. In order to help fulfill these goals, the College’s Fellowship have garnered impressive resources including a biomedical library in 1788, a medical museum in 1858, an institute for the history of medicine in 1976, and museum education programs in 2006. These resources are housed in a building constructed in 1909 at...
Dates: 1833-1995 (gaps)
Identifier: CPP 10/022-01
Scope and Contents Collection, preserved by committee chairman Anthony E. Stocker, includes resolutions of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, 7 Sept. 1854, to amend its charter and hold annual elections in January and form of amendment drafted by attorney James W. Paul, 25 Jan. 1855, applying to the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas for amendment of the charter.
Dates: 1854 - 1855
Identifier: CPP 10/002-01
Scope and Contents The records of the Committee on Lectures include its minute book, 1864-1882, and several reports made to the Secretary, of the College of Physicians, 1866-1882. The minutes, written by Joseph Leidy, Secretary of the committee, describe the committee's proceedings in which the members discuss and recommend possible lecturers and approve the payment of bills. The committee's reports testify to the proper discharge of both its duties and the lectureship and recommend payment by the College of all...
Dates: 1864 - 1882
Identifier: CPP 10/001-01
Scope and Contents This collection of records of the Committee on the Directory for Nurses of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, spanning 1881 to 1936, consists of correspondence, annual reports, financial records, committee reports and recommendations, and miscellaneous material. The correspondence traces the establishment of the directory and documents several controversies, including the 1882 case of S. H. Pine (a janitor living in the College who refused to vacate his quarters without financial...
Dates: 1881 - 1936
Identifier: CPP 10/004-01
Scope and Contents The rPcords of the Committee on the Nathan Lewis Hatfield Prize and Lectureship, spanning 1900 to 1935, consist of committee reports and correspondence. Included is correspondence concerning the selection of the first recipie11t of the award, H. F. Harris, and committee reports from subsequent years in which additional winners are ' a1111ounced. .-\ 1 so i 11c l uded are an nua 1 financial s ta temen ts from the Trustees of the ~athan lewis Hatfield Prize and Lectureship....
Dates: 1900 - 1935
Identifier: CPP 9/001-01
Overview The Office of the Executive Director is the lead office in charge of administering the business of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The Executive Director oversees the activities of the College of Physicians staff including staff of the Historical Medical Library, the Mütter Museum, the Francis Clark Wood Institute, and the Finance Department. The Executive Director also oversees the College functions of institutional advancement, communications, membership, and special events. As a...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1977 - 2002; 1951 - 2003
- Subject: Committees X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the President 11
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 5
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Library 5
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Executive Director 3
- Micozzi, Marc S. 3
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Women's Committee 2
- Hubbard, John P. (John Perry) 2
- Langfitt, Thomas W. 2
- McDaniel, W. B., II (Walton Brooks) 2
- Medical Library Association 2
- Morse, Elliott H. (Elliott How) 2
- O'Donnell, John M. 2
- Rosemond, George P. 2
- Sturgis, Katharine R. (Katharine Rosenbaum) 2
- American College of Physicians 1
- Asbury, Arthur K. 1
- Blumstein, George I. (George Isaac) 1
- Chaveas, William F. (William Francis) 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Lectures 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on an Amendment to the Charter 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Directory for Nurses 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Nathan Lewis Hatfield Prize and Lectureship 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of Operations 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Secretary 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. William F. Jenks Prize Committee 1
- De Schweinitz, G. E. (George Edmund) 1
- Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine 1
- Greater Philadelphia Committee for Medical-Pharmaceutical Sciences 1
- Hochberg, Mark 1
- Mid-Eastern Regional Medical Library Service 1
- Myers, Allen R. 1
- Mütter Museum 1
- Philadelphia General Hospital 1
- Scheffey, Lewis C. (Lewis Cass) 1
- Schnabel, Truman G. 1
- Schnabel, Truman G., Sr. 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 1
- Wilson, J. C. (James Cornelius) 1 ∧ less