Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: CPP 13/008-01
Overview Established in 1788, the Library of the College of Physicians served as Philadelphia's central medical library for over 150 years, serving medical schools, hospitals, physicians and other health professionals. Today, it is an independent research library devoted to the history of medicine and serves hundreds of scholars, health professionals, students and popular writers each year. The College of Physicians of Philadelphia Library records (1882 to 2005) extensively documents the administration...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1953-2007; 1807-2007
Identifier: CPP 13/013-01
Overview The Office of the Librarian of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia was established in 1854. In 1997, governance voted to officially make the Library an historical library. The Director of the Library was in charge of the historical collections, with Public Services in charge of modem reference. In July 2001 the Director's position became that of College Librarian, with the added title of Director of the Francis C. Wood Institute for the History of Medicine. While the Library continued to...