Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 23
Identifier: MSS 2/249
Scope and Contents Holograph manuscript, 1926, describing symptoms of each ailment and recommended treatment using massage, exercise, and electrotherapy.
Identifier: MSS 2/073
Scope and Contents This small collection of genealogical research, photographs, printed material, and manuscript material, 1813-1964, assembled by Maud Richards, documents the history of members of the Ashhurst, Eyre, and Leiper families of Philadelphia.Series 1 contains a manuscript genealogy, compiled circa 1933, with information on the Eyre, Connolly, Little, and Ashhurst families. Many original manuscript items, chiefly receipts, payment orders, and signature cuttings, have been inserted...
Identifier: MSS 376
Overview The McCall Cloughman course collection contains the manuscript of an address. The manuscript discusses ethics and religion in relation to the field of medicine. This collection was discovered during a survey in the summer and fall of 2015.
Identifier: MSS 2/252
Scope and Contents Personal papers and research files of biochemist Mona Spiegel-Adolf, including correspondence, clippings, manuscripts, and laboratory notes. Series 1 contains biographical material and personal journal. Series 2 contains research files, including data, notes, memoranda, tables, and drafts of reports concerning electrophoresis, melanin, steroids, biochemical aspects of Tay-Sachs disease, and vitamins. Includes typescript of Kolloidforschung in der immunbiologie, circa 1930.Organized...
Identifier: MSS 2/094
Scope and Contents This small collection of Paul E. Steiner's writings contains his research on disease during the Civil War. In addition to a folder of correspondence, 1965, concerning an article, "A note on determining the correct medical diagnosis on historical personages", the collection includes the holograph manuscript and an incomplete typescript copy of "Common valor", Steiner's 1971 examination of four Civil War officers' reactions to wounds and disease. The bulk of the collection is...
Identifier: MSS 6/008
Scope and Contents These records of the Board of Managers of the Wills Hospital consist of three manuscript documents, all of which date from approximately 1833, when the hospital was first established. Included are the "By Laws of the Board of Managers of the Wills Hospital", "General rules and regulations for the management and supervision of the Wills Hospital for the indigent lame and blind", and a certificate announcing the election of new managers to the Board. These documents provide insight into...
Identifier: CPP 14/002-01
Overview The Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine was established in 1976 to promote to the scholarly community the rich historical resources of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia's historical library and the Mütter Museum. The Institute sponsors conferences, occasional seminars, and short-term travel grants to researchers who require the resources of the museum and library. This collection documents the operation and programs of the Francis Clark Wood Institute for the...
Identifier: MSS 2/186
Scope and Contents The Rene La Roche papers consist of two collections: one of correspondence, and one of manuscripts. For a more detailed description of the materials, please see the "Scope and Contents" note for each series.
Identifier: MSS 2/345
Identifier: MSS 2/006
Scope and Contents This collection of S. D. Risley's professional papers, 18811913, consist of ophthalmological case records, 1886-1908, many from the Philadelphia Polyclinic and College for Graduates in Medicine; a surgeon's report of Wills Eye Hospital, 1901; manuscript and typescript versions of articles concerning ophthalmology, cataract and other eye diseases, and surgical instruments and treatments, 1881-1913; correspondence, reports, and related materials concerning eye examinations for school...
- Subject: Manuscripts (documents) X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 3
- University of Pennsylvania 3
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 2
- American Association for the History of Medicine 1
- Ashhurst (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Ashmead, Albert S. 1
- Bache, Franklin 1
- Barton, E.H. (Edward H.) 1
- Bauer, Edward L. (Edward Louis) 1
- Bradley, William N. 1
- Brown, Samuel 1
- Brown-Séquard, Charles-Edouard 1
- Cain, D.J. 1
- Caldwell, Thomas L. (Thomas Leaming) 1
- Chapple, Charles C. 1
- Clark, James, Sir 1
- Drake, Daniel 1
- Eyre (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Fenner, E.D. (Erasmus Darwin) 1
- Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine 1
- Frazier, Charles H. (Charles Harrison) 1
- Frederick III, German Emperor 1
- Gross, Samuel D. (Samuel David) 1
- Harris, Robert P. (Robert Patterson) 1
- Hughson, Walter 1
- Kelsall, Joseph R. 1
- Krumbhaar, E. B. (Edward Bell) 1
- La Roche, René 1
- Leiper (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- McCarthy, Daniel J. (Daniel Joseph) 1
- Meigs, Charles D. (Charles Delucena) 1
- Mitchell, Silas Weir 1
- Moultrie, James, Jr. 1
- Mütter, Thomas D. (Thomas Dent) 1
- Parrish, Joseph 1
- Pennsylvania Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa) 1
- Pennsylvania School for the Deaf 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.). Public Health Services 1
- Philadelphia General Hospital 1
- Public Charities Association of Pennsylvania 1
- Richards, Maud (Emma Matilda Ashhurst) 1
- Risley, S. D. (Samuel Doty) 1
- Solis-Cohen, J. (Jacob da Silva) 1
- Spiegel-Adolf, Mona 1
- Steiner, Paul E. (Paul Eby) 1
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 65th 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital 1
- Valentin, Louis 1
- Wills Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Wood, George B. (George Bacon) 1
- Wragg, William T. 1 ∧ less