Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: CPP 9/001-01
Overview The Office of the Executive Director is the lead office in charge of administering the business of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The Executive Director oversees the activities of the College of Physicians staff including staff of the Historical Medical Library, the Mütter Museum, the Francis Clark Wood Institute, and the Finance Department. The Executive Director also oversees the College functions of institutional advancement, communications, membership, and special events. As a...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1977 - 2002; 1951 - 2003
Identifier: CPP 14/002-01
Overview The Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine was established in 1976 to promote to the scholarly community the rich historical resources of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia's historical library and the Mütter Museum. The Institute sponsors conferences, occasional seminars, and short-term travel grants to researchers who require the resources of the museum and library. This collection documents the operation and programs of the Francis Clark Wood Institute for the...
Dates: 1968 - 2005
Identifier: CPP 10/035
Overview The Institute for Advancement of Medical Communication (IAMC) was founded in 1958 as an independent, non-profit organization devoted solely to promoting better communication among biomedical and health science practitioners.On May 26, 1970, The Council of the College voted unanimously to assume the corporate administration of the IAMC with a Board of Directors under the Chairmanship of Dr. Francis C. Wood. The program was discontinued in late 1972 or 1973.The Records of...
Dates: 1968 - 1973