Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: CPP 12/001-03
Overview The Section on Ophthalmology of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia was instituted in 1893, the first Section to be formed at the College. In 1890, Fellows specializing in ophthalmology requested permission from the College to meet once a month to read papers and discuss topics relevant to their field. Although many Fellows were opposed to such specialization, permission for the meetings was granted on 5 November 1890. On 16 November 1890, fifteen ophthalmologists, including chairman...