Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 29
Annual reports of the Section on Public Health, Preventive, and Industrial Medicine of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Identifier: CPP 12/002-01
Scope and Contents Collection contains annual reports filed with the College of Physicians of Philadelphia by the clerks of its Section on Public Health, Preventive and Industrial Medicine, 1920-1928. The reports list the programs and presentations of each year as well as the total membership of the Section and average attendance at each meeting. Most of the reports were filed by Alexander Heron Davisson.
Identifier: CPP 5/002-01
Scope and Contents This collection of annual reports of the Treasurer of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia spans 1841 to 1937. In addition to the annual reports, the collection contains correspondence, a list of the treasurers of the College from 1786 to 1937, and a 1909 calendar of College events. Included in the collection are the reports of treasurers J. Rodman Paul (1839-1877), Charles Stewart Wurts (1877-1893), H. M. Fisher (1894-1898), Richard H. Harte (1899-1912), John B. Roberts (1913-1917), and...
Identifier: CPP 12/001-03
Overview The Section on Ophthalmology of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia was instituted in 1893, the first Section to be formed at the College. In 1890, Fellows specializing in ophthalmology requested permission from the College to meet once a month to read papers and discuss topics relevant to their field. Although many Fellows were opposed to such specialization, permission for the meetings was granted on 5 November 1890. On 16 November 1890, fifteen ophthalmologists, including chairman...
Identifier: CPP 7/002-07
Scope and Contents This collection of correspondence with related reports and committee minutes of the curators and custodians of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia's Mutter Museum and College Collections, 1828-1981, documents the acquisition of specimens, instruments, portraits, and medals, as well as the use and development of the collections.Series 1 contains records of the museum curators, including a disbound letterbook, 1849-1894, and letters, 1828-1939, concerning the acquisition,...
Identifier: MSS 2/228-01
Scope and Contents This collection is the larger of two collections of Francis C. Wood's papers, the other being MSS 2/0228-02. This extensive collection (1892-1989) chronicles the life and career of a 20th century physician, scientist, soldier, administrator, and teacher. The collection is divided roughly evenly among the different phases of his life and career. Because Dr. Wood was a leader in both his community and profession, the collection documents the activities and functioning of many institutions and...
Identifier: MSS 2/355
Overview Katharine Rosenbaum Guest Boucot Sturgis was born in Philadelphia, PA in 1903. She received her undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University and entered the Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1935. She was forced to leave school when she contracted tuberculosis, but later resumed her studies and earned her medical degree in 1940. Sturgis became a Fellow of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia in 1951 and was elected its first female president in 1972. The Katharine R....
Identifier: CPP 10/007-03
Scope and Contents Letterbooks of John H. Brinton as chairman of Committee on Mütter Museum of College of Physicians of Philadelphia with related material concerning museum and Mütter Trust and Lectureship, 1858-1939. Bulk composed of two numerically-arranged letterbooks, 1895-1904 and 1905-1907, containing letters received, drafts and copies of outgoing letters, and annual and financial reports. Correspondence concerns acquisition and preservation of pathological specimens, surgical instruments, and portraits;...
Identifier: CPP 14/003-02
Overview The Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine (Wood Institute) was established in 1976 to promote to the scholarly community the rich historical resources of the College's historical library and the Mütter Museum. From its founding, the Wood Institute also took over printing and editorial duties of the College’s journal, Transactions and Studies, which was published in 1793 and from 1844 to 2002. As of 2019, the Wood Institute sponsors conferences, occasional seminars, and...
Identifier: MSS 6/006
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two accessions. It is not fully processed.The records of the Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia, spanning 1911 to 1960, consist of minutes and committee reports; correspondence of Philip Dechert, President of the Babies' Hospital; a history of the Babies' Hospital with a typescript staff manual; and printed annual reports. The collection documents the history of the hospital from its inception in 1911 to its dissolution in 1948, and provides detailed...
Identifier: MSS 372
Overview The Records of the Board of Scientific Directors of the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research contains meeting minutes and reports for the Board of Scientific Directors. The Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research was founded in 1901 by John D. Rockefeller and eventually became Rockefeller University. Scientific reports and minutes of the meeting of the Board of Scientific Directors, 1931, comprise this collection. This material was formerly cataloged in printed collection with call...
- Subject: Annual reports X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 5
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Mütter Museum 5
- Bonnem, Shirley 2
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 2
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Medical History 2
- Gefter, William I. (William Irvin) 2
- Muller, George P. (George Paul) 2
- Albert Einstein Medical Center 1
- Babies' Hospital of Philadelphia 1
- Batson, Oscar V. (Oscar Vivian) 1
- Behrend, Bernard 1
- Bongiovanni, Alfred M. 1
- Bradley, Robert H. 1
- Brinton, John H. (John Hill) 1
- Brown, Clark E. (Clark Edward) 1
- Castle, Franklin D. (Franklin Dick) 1
- Chapple, Charles C. 1
- Children's Seashore House 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Scientific Business 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Directory for Nurses 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Curator 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Secretary 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Treasurer 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Dermatology 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Ophthalmology 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Otolaryngology 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Public Health and Preventive Medicine 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Public Health, Preventive, and Industrial Medicine 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Women's Committee 1
- Crane, A. Reynolds (August Reynolds) 1
- Cuddy, Clare 1
- Custer, R. Philip (Richard Philip) 1
- Dechert, Philip 1
- Fanelli, Dorris 1
- Fife-Hamill Memorial Health Center for Southeast Philadelphia 1
- Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine 1
- Greater Philadelphia Committee for Medical-Pharmaceutical Sciences 1
- Henle, Gertrude 1
- Henle, Werner 1
- Jenks, William F. (William Furness) 1
- Koop, C. Everett (Charles Everett) 1
- Museum Council of Philadelphia 1
- Mütter Museum 1
- Padis, Nicholas 1
- Pennsylvania Medical Society 1
- Philadelphia County Medical Society 1
- Philadelphia Genito Urinary Society 1
- Pressman, Robert S. (Robert Sydney) 1
- Radbill, Samuel X. 1
- Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research. Board of Scientific Directors 1
- Rogers, Fred B. 1
- Schaeffer, J. Parsons (Jacob Parsons) 1
- Scheffey, Lewis C. (Lewis Cass) 1
- Sturgis, Katharine R. (Katharine Rosenbaum) 1
- Sturgis, Samuel Booth 1
- The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Collections 1
- United States. Army. 20th General Hospital 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 1
- Wood, Francis C. (Francis Clark) 1
- Worden, Gretchen 1 ∧ less