Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 26
Identifier: CPP 1/006-01
Scope and Contents The committee reports in this collection are part of the records of the Office of the Secretary of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The reports span the tenures of six secretaries of the College of Physicians: John H. Packard (1862-1877), William G, Porter (1877-1879), Richard A, Cleemann (1879-1885), Isaac Norris, Jr. (1885-1890), Charles W, Dulles (1890-1896), and Thomas R. Neilson (1896- 1914), The reports, spanning 1867 to 1911, were produced by various ad-hoc committees appointed...
Identifier: CPP 2/005-01
Scope and Contents Collection, 1912-1916, containing original incoming letters with copies of outgoing letters of James Cornelius Wilson (1847-1934), President of the College of Physicians from 1913 to 1915. Letters are arranged chronologically. Addressed in the letters are general matters of the presidency, such as appointing committee members and chairmen; planning the College lecture schedule; and corresponding with Treasurer John B. Roberts about finances. Also included is correspondence with Secretary Thomas...
Identifier: CPP 2/002-02
Scope and Contents The general correspondence files of Katharine R. Sturgis, spanning 1972 to 1978, consist primarily of correspondence and photographs. The majority of the correspondence spans 1972 to 1973 and pertains to Sturgis' role as President of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia and as an active member in numerous Philadelphia area medical organizations. Also present is material relating to the September 1972 Louis Pasteur Wine Tasting Party and photographs documenting the October 1972 banquet held...
Identifier: CPP 2/007-02
Overview This collection contains a small amount of George Rosemond’s correspondence, 1978-1980, from his tenure as President of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.George P. Rosemond was born in 1910 in Hillsboro, North Carolina. He earned his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in 1934 and completed his internship and residency at Temple University Hospital. He then joined the Department of Surgery at Temple, where he remained until he retired in 1981....
Identifier: CPP 2/010
Overview This collection dates from 1974 to 1978, and documents John Hubbard’s time as College President. It contains correspondence; committee and annual meeting reports, including the Long Range Planning Committee; information relating to the College’s Continuing Medical Education Program for cardiovascular medicine; correspondence of the Section on Medical History; and a scrapbook of correspondence and other documentation about the Restoration Fund (part of the Third Century fundraising...
Identifier: CPP 2/006-01
Scope and Contents Collection, 1909-1913, of original incoming letters with copies of outgoing letters of George Edmund De Schweinitz (1858-1938), President of the College of Physicians from 1910 to 1912. Each volume contains the correspondence of one year of his presidency and is arranged by subject. Included is correspondence pertaining to scientific meetings of the College, the Council, committees and sections of the College, the Library, the preparation of memoirs, the presentation of lectures, and the...
Identifier: CPP 2/007-01
Scope and Contents The collection contains George P, Rosemond's chronological file, 1978-1980, from his tenure as President of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The bulk of the file contains incoming and copies of outgoing letters as well as copies of letters sent by William F. Chaveas, Executive Director of the College.The bulk of the correspondence concerns appointments to committees; acknowledgements of gifts and contributions, · particularly to the College Library's salvage fund...
Identifier: CPP 2/002-01
Scope and Contents The presidential papers of Katharine R. Sturgis span 1925 to 1986; the bulk of the collection dates from 1970 to 1974. The papers reflect the activities of the College during Sturgis's presidential term; included are records of committee meetings, lectureship administration, donations and bequests, and amendments to ordinances and by-laws. Also present is a series of correspondence with the legal counsel of the College.Series 1, spanning 1925 to 1974, includes records of donations...
Identifier: CPP 2/001-01
Scope and Contents This collection of Lewis Cass Scheffey's papers, spanning 1918 to 1966, documents his involvement in various offices, committees, and sections of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The bulk of the papers date from 1955 to 1958, the years in which Scheffey was President of the College. Also included in the collection is material relating to his participation in nu•erous local and national organizations.Series 1 includes material relating to Scheffey's activities as president,...
Identifier: CPP 13/002-03
Scope and Contents This collection of records concerning the Medical Library Association is part of the records of the Office of the Librarian of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The collection, which spans 1936 to 1966, consists mainly of records from W. B. McDaniel's terms as editor of the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association and as president of the MLA.Series I contains correspondence from McDaniel's time as editor of the Bulletin and from his time as president of the MLA. The...
- Subject: Committees X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the President 9
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Library 5
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 4
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Executive Director 3
- Micozzi, Marc S. 3
- Hubbard, John P. (John Perry) 2
- Langfitt, Thomas W. 2
- McDaniel, W. B., II (Walton Brooks) 2
- Medical Library Association 2
- Morse, Elliott H. (Elliott How) 2
- O'Donnell, John M. 2
- Rosemond, George P. 2
- Sturgis, Katharine R. (Katharine Rosenbaum) 2
- American College of Physicians 1
- Blumstein, George I. (George Isaac) 1
- Chaveas, William F. (William Francis) 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Lectures 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on an Amendment to the Charter 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Directory for Nurses 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on the Nathan Lewis Hatfield Prize and Lectureship 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Secretary 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. William F. Jenks Prize Committee 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Women's Committee 1
- De Schweinitz, G. E. (George Edmund) 1
- Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine 1
- Greater Philadelphia Committee for Medical-Pharmaceutical Sciences 1
- Hochberg, Mark 1
- Mid-Eastern Regional Medical Library Service 1
- Mütter Museum 1
- Philadelphia General Hospital 1
- Scheffey, Lewis C. (Lewis Cass) 1
- Schnabel, Truman G. 1
- Schnabel, Truman G., Sr. 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 1
- Wilson, J. C. (James Cornelius) 1 ∧ less