Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Identifier: MSS 412
Scope and Contents note This collection consists of two volumes of Knight's lists of patients attended, 1813-1815 and 1820-1821. The lists include the date, name, age, residence, cost, diagnosis, and outcome. The first volume also includes a summary table of patients seen by month for the years 1813 through 1817. The second volume includes the profession as well as the referring person of the patient in some of the entries.
Identifier: MSS 2/095
Scope and Contents Two volumes documenting B. H. Coates’ financial situation and medical practice in Philadelphia, 18421853. Cash book contains a chronological account of Coates’ expenses and receipts, 19 July 18456 June 1853; several accounts carried over from the ledger of practice. Ledger of practice, 18421846, organized alphabetically by name of patient or account, includes notes on procedures performed, identification and address of patients, and settlement of accounts. Ledger includes a copy of Coates’...
Identifier: MSS 2/033
Scope and Contents The Charles H. Frazier Papers are divided into three series: a general file, 1901-1941; medical manuscripts, papers, and reprints, 1914-1942; and a medical case file [patient records], 1900-1945. Series 1 contains biographical and bibliographical data of Charles H. Frazier; his correspondence; instructional notes and other documents related to his teaching of medicine; records of the various activities, medical as well as social, in which he was engaged; and personal and miscellaneous...
Identifier: MSS 2/085
Scope and Contents This small collection of Daniel J. Swinney's student lecture notes and related papers, recipe book, daybook, and vaccination records, 1808-1827, documents the education and early medical career of an obscure country physician during the early 19th century.The collection is divided into two series. Series 1 concerns Swinney's medical education at the University of Pennsylvania, 1808-1809, and includes a receipt for his 1808-1809 session fee; an 1809 copy of Benjamin Rush's...
Identifier: MSS 2/251
Overview Ernest A. Spiegel, M.D., was an Austrian-born internationally recognized neurologist. He emigrated to the United States in 1930, where he spent much of his career at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. He finished his career at the National Parkinson FOundation in Miami. Spiegel is well-known for his work in developing the stereotactic technique. He passed away in 1985. The papers of Ernest Spiegel reflect his varied interests in neurological research and publication from his...
Identifier: 10a 468
Scope and Contents One volume of 150 prescriptions dated 2 Sept. 1887 to 18 Dec. 1898. Each entry lists patient name, prescription, and date. Some entries also contain patient address and indications. Several leaves are missing for Jan. through late March 1892.
Identifier: MSS 414
Overview George Joseph Hermann was born in 1873 in Newport, Kentucky, and graduated from the Medical College of Ohio in 1894. In April 1895, he set up his own practice in Newport, Kentucky. Hermann operated as the general physician for Newport, and later served on the Board of Trustees for Speers Hospital in Dayton, Ohio, and taught anatomy at the Nurses’ Training School of Speers Hospital. He died on June 8, 1933, after a two-months long illness.This collection consists of two bound...
Identifier: 10b 57
Scope and Contents Five volumes of collected notebooks (35 p. each), filled in by hand and dated 1876-1880. Bound in are details of cases, patients’ and physicians’ letters, prescriptions, etc. Each printed notebook is designed specifically for Hodge’s patients having ovarian tumors or abdominal enlargements, bears the imprint Philadelphia: Lindsay & Blakiston, 1875, and includes detailed sections for notes on the patient’s general condition, history, examination, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, progress,...
Identifier: MSS 2/030
Scope and Contents This extensive collection of Henry Hartshorne's papers documents his professional life and activities, concentrating on texts of his lecture courses to students and manuscripts of his published and unpublished writings.Series 1 consists of sketchy records of Hartshorne's private medical practice which began in 1848. The series contains a journal with a chronological account of his patients from the opening of the office until 20 October 1848. The journal includes financial...
Identifier: MSS 2/282
Scope and Contents The collection contains three ledgers, 1888-1902, documenting the Hanover County medical practice of Hermann B. Anderson. The ledgers list patients, reason for visit, and settlement of account. An index to account names is included in each volume. Two of the ledgers contain farm accounts for the years 1889-1890 and 1897-1901, and one contains a separate section for "Negro accounts", 1895.
- Subject: Patient records X
- University of Pennsylvania. Hospital 2
- Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania 2
- Academy of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the City of Philadelphia 1
- Anderson, Hermann B. 1856-1924 (Hermann Boerhaave) 1
- Anton, Aaron H. 1
- Blum, B. (Baruch) 1
- Carter, John T. (John Thomas) 1
- Chambers, George Hamilton 1
- Coates, Benjamin Hornor 1
- Fall River Hospital. Woman's Board. Executive Committee 1
- Female High School (Easton, Pa.) 1
- Frazier, Charles H. (Charles Harrison) 1
- Green, Traill 1
- Hartshorne, Henry 1
- Haverford College 1
- Hermann, George J. (George Joseph) 1
- Hodge, H. Lenox (Hugh Lenox) 1
- Hunter, Samuel B. 1
- Hyde, John A. (John Angier) 1
- International Society for Research in Stereoencephalotomy 1
- Jefferson Medical College 1
- Knight, Alexander 1
- Leidy, Joseph 1
- Medical College of Ohio (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1
- Medizinische Universität Wien 1
- Mellor, Howard 1
- Mial, L. L. 1
- National Parkinson Foundation (US) 1
- Neilson, Thomas R. (Thomas Rundle) 1
- Osler, William, Sir 1
- Parsons, Israel 1
- Pennsylvania Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa) 1
- Philadelphia Council. Water Committee 1
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Hospital and Infirmary for Nervous Diseases 1
- Public Charities Association of Pennsylvania 1
- Risley, S. D. (Samuel Doty) 1
- Rush, Benjamin 1
- Spiegel, Elise Fuchs 1
- Spiegel, Ernest A. (Ernest Adolf) 1
- Spiegel, Ignaz 1
- Spiegel-Adolf, Mona 1
- Sturgis, Margaret Castex 1
- Swinney, Daniel J. 1
- Synnott, Myles 1
- Temple University. School of Medicine 1
- Tyson, James 1
- U.S.A. General Hospital. 2nd Ward (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- United States. Marine Hospital (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General 1
- University of Pennsylvania 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Auxiliary Faculty of Medicine 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 1
- Wycis, H. T. (Henry T.) 1 ∧ less