Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: MSS 2/351
Overview Arthur K. Asbury (b. 1928), Van Meter Professor of Neurology Emeritus, is an internationally recognized neurologist, best known for his clinical and experimental studies of peripheral neuropathies. Most of his career was spent at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, where he was a clinician, educator, researcher, and administrator. The bulk of this collection documents Dr. Asbury's work as Vice Dean of Research and Vice Dean of Faculty Affairs at the University of Pennsylvania...
Identifier: MSS 2/336
Scope and Contents The collection contains correspondencem typescripts, ephemera, photogrphs and slides, memoranda, and records of operations. It documents the career of Murtagh and many of the operations and procedures within the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP), the hospital at Temple University, and the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Mostly, the collection concerns Murtagh's work as a neurosurgeon at HUP. The history of procedures he performed is well covered as are his...
Identifier: CPP 2/002-02
Scope and Contents The general correspondence files of Katharine R. Sturgis, spanning 1972 to 1978, consist primarily of correspondence and photographs. The majority of the correspondence spans 1972 to 1973 and pertains to Sturgis' role as President of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia and as an active member in numerous Philadelphia area medical organizations. Also present is material relating to the September 1972 Louis Pasteur Wine Tasting Party and photographs documenting the October 1972 banquet held...
Identifier: CPP 2/007-01
Scope and Contents The collection contains George P, Rosemond's chronological file, 1978-1980, from his tenure as President of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The bulk of the file contains incoming and copies of outgoing letters as well as copies of letters sent by William F. Chaveas, Executive Director of the College.The bulk of the correspondence concerns appointments to committees; acknowledgements of gifts and contributions, · particularly to the College Library's salvage fund...
Identifier: CPP 2/001-01
Scope and Contents This collection of Lewis Cass Scheffey's papers, spanning 1918 to 1966, documents his involvement in various offices, committees, and sections of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The bulk of the papers date from 1955 to 1958, the years in which Scheffey was President of the College. Also included in the collection is material relating to his participation in nu•erous local and national organizations.Series 1 includes material relating to Scheffey's activities as president,...
Identifier: MSS 6/014-02
Overview The Children's Seashore House (CSH) was established Atlantic City, New Jersey in 1872 as a rehabilitation center for children. Founded on the belief in the restorative powers of the ocean and fresh seashore air, CSH was the first pediatric rehabilitation hospital in the nation, and the fourth oldest pediatric hospital in the United States. Today, CSH is located in Philadelphia, on the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia’s (CHOP) campus, after having been acquired by CHOP in 1998. Remarkable...
Identifier: MSS 6/013
Overview Elm Hill Private School and Home for the Education of Feeble-Minded Youth was founded in 1848 in Barre, Massachusetts, by physician Hervey Backus Wilbur (1820-1883). Wilbur left Elm Hill in 1851 to establish a similar but state-sponsored school in New York. His assistant, George Brown (1823-1892), took over the institution. The records of Elm Hill span the years 1842-1951. The records consist of Administrative records, Correspondence, Financial records, Medical records, Teaching records, and...
Identifier: CPP 9/001-01
Overview The Office of the Executive Director is the lead office in charge of administering the business of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The Executive Director oversees the activities of the College of Physicians staff including staff of the Historical Medical Library, the Mütter Museum, the Francis Clark Wood Institute, and the Finance Department. The Executive Director also oversees the College functions of institutional advancement, communications, membership, and special events. As a...
Identifier: CPP 14/001-01
Scope and Contents This collection of records of the Office of the Director of the Francis Clark Wood Institute for the History of Medicine spans 1879 to 1987. Included are the records of Ronald F. Kotrc, Director of the Institute from 1977 to 1982, and Diana E, Long, Director from 1983 to 1989.The papers of Ronald F. Kotrc span 1879 to 1982. Series 1 contains records of the F. C. Wood Institute, including plans for its establishment, agendas, minutes, and reports. Also present is correspondence...
Identifier: CPP 10/008-01
Scope and Contents The records of the Library Committee of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, spanning 1846 to 1919, consist of records of committee meetings, financial records, correspondence, and material pertaining to individual donations and bequests made to the Library.The records of committee meetings contain reports, minutes, and resolutions; Of special interest are the reports pertaining to library donations made by Thomas F. Betton (3 December 1857) and George Ord (5 March 1866). Also...