College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Trustees of the Building Fund
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: CPP 10/019-02
Scope and Contents The collection contains the first deed of trust, 2 February 1850, between the College of Physicians of Philadelphia and the Trustees of the Building Fund; the continuation of the deed of the trust, 9 February 1859; and a report, 1 February 1861, of the trustees concerning the purchase of a lot adjoining the College premises at 13th and Locust streets.
Dates: 1850 - 1861
Identifier: CPP 10/018-03
Overview There have several iterations of a Building Fund Committee during the College's history. The first was formed in 1849 to "ascertain and report to the College the probable cost of a lot and the sum necessary to erect thereon a building suitable for the accommodation of the College, and to suggest a plan for raising the funds estimated to be requisite for the execution of the project." In its most recent form, the Committee was likely re-established in the early 1900s when the College began...
Identifier: CPP 10/019-01
Scope and Contents The collection, 1849-1863, contains minute books, reports, a cashbook, and some miscellaneous financial papers, including receipts, a list of securities, and a draft of the 1859 extension of the deed of trust, documenting the decisions, investments, labors, and fund raising activities of the Trustees of the Building Fund of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Most of this material was produced by George Bacon Wood, as chairman of the trustees, or George Fox; as treasurer.
Dates: 1849 - 1863