Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Identifier: MSS 2/228-01
Scope and Contents This collection is the larger of two collections of Francis C. Wood's papers, the other being MSS 2/0228-02. This extensive collection (1892-1989) chronicles the life and career of a 20th century physician, scientist, soldier, administrator, and teacher. The collection is divided roughly evenly among the different phases of his life and career. Because Dr. Wood was a leader in both his community and profession, the collection documents the activities and functioning of many institutions and...
Identifier: CPP 11/01-02
Overview The Office of Advancement of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia was formed in 2015 by the merging of two departments: the Communications Department and the Development Department, which were created in 1988 and 1987, respectively. The functions of the Office of Advancement include all aspects of fundraising; public relations for the entire College; and administration of the Fellowship and Friends of the Mütter, a membership program open to the public which supports the Mütter Museum....
Identifier: CPP 1/010
Overview The office of the Secretary of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia was created during the organization of the College in 1787. The Secretary is the appointed officer of record. The position's original duties were to record the minutes and transactions of the College and preserve its documents and correspondence.As of 2018, the Office of the Secretary is still active; however, these records are now documented through the Executive Office. The Lecture and Event Files...
Identifier: MSS 3/003-03
Scope and Contents The volumes contain the minutes and proceedings of the Pathological Society of Philadelphia, maintained by the Secretary, from the society's formation 29 September 1857 to 14 October 1869 and 23 April 1887 to 27 June 1901. Included are descriptions of specimens displayed to the society, membership propositions, committee reports, discussions, annual reports of the treasurer, and records of "private sessions", meetings in which the official administrative business of the society was...
Identifier: MSS 3/002-02
Scope and Contents This small collection holds meeting minutes of the Phildelphia Medical Society from December 19, 1818, to November 6, 1824. Topics discussed include committee appointments, papers read, election of chairmen, and financial matters.
Identifier: CPP 17
Overview The Publications collection ranges in date from 1910 to 2012 and consists of calendars, newsletters, and directories published by the College of Physicians, as well as several brief histories of the College written by former Fellows. Of note are short-lived staff newletters, dating from 1988 to 1995; the Fellows Forum, a monthly newletter produced for Fellows of the College from 1974-2006, and eventually replaced with monthly email updates in 2006 (printed); and Fugitive Leaves, a library...
Identifier: CPP 10/011-02
Overview The Records of the Committee on Fellowship span the years 1983 to 1892, although the bulk of the material dates from 1974 to 1978. Included in the collection are three volumes of list of Fellows and deceased Fellows, dating from 1973 to 1892, and 1918 to 1979. Correspondence and reports from meetings and regarding the status are Fellows date from 1949 to 1978.The Committee on Fellowship became a standing Committee of the College of Physicians in 1972. The by-laws of this year...
Identifier: MSS 4/002
Scope and Contents This small collection of the corporate records of the John B. Deaver Surgical Society documents the society's membership and activities over a fifty year period. The minute books of the society (1915-1944) in Series 1 contain the cases and papers presented at each meeting, the results of the annual election of officers, and also records of membership in the society and attendance at each meeting. The treasurer's books in Series 2 (1943-1966) list the society's income,...
Identifier: MSS 3/018
Scope and Contents The records of the Philadelphia Academy of Surgery consist of membership lists; minutes of regular meetings and Council meetings; reports; fellowship applications; and subject files.
Identifier: MSS 3/012
Scope and Contents This small collection of miscellaneous records, 1922-1934, preserved by Jay Besson Rudolphy, Secretary Treasurer of the Ophthalmic Club of Philadelphia, documents the formation of the organization, its membership, and its typical activities. The collection includes a copy of the Club's constitution, financial reports, a membership list, several letters from newly elected members, a 1928 report of the Program Committee which describes plans for the coming year, and minutes of a meeting...
- Subject: Medical societies -- Philadelphia, Pa X
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia 4
- Philadelphia County Medical Society 3
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of Advancement 2
- Pathological Society of Philadelphia 2
- Albert Einstein Medical Center 1
- Atlantic Dermatolgic Conference 1
- Barton, Benjamin Smith 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Committee on Fellowship 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Office of the Secretary 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Dermatology 1
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Section on Otolaryngology 1
- Deaver, John B. (John Blair) 1
- Houston, William F. (William Frederick) 1
- Mütter Museum 1
- Ophthalmic Club of Philadelphia 1
- Pennsylvania Medical Society 1
- Philadelphia Academy of Surgery 1
- Philadelphia County Medical Society. Committee on Archives 1
- Philadelphia County Medical Society. Committee on Maternal Welfare 1
- Philadelphia Dermatologic Society 1
- Philadelphia Genito Urinary Society 1
- Philadelphia Laryngological Society 1
- Philadelphia Pediatric Society 1
- Pressman, Robert S. (Robert Sydney) 1
- Radbill, Samuel X. 1
- Rush, Benjamin 1
- Sydenham Medical Coterie 1
- Teratology Society 1
- United States. Army. 20th General Hospital 1
- University of Pennsylvania. Department of Medicine. John B. Deaver Surgical Society 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Medicine 1
- Wood, Francis C. (Francis Clark) 1 ∧ less